Talk

Advanced search

What qualities would a team leader require?

(2 Posts)
CosyNook Thu 20-Feb-14 07:01:24

I work in (NHS) admin/reception and current TL is retiring soon. I'm sure they will appoint from within so what qualities would they look for? Current TL has been here since records began so I don't think she would get the job in todays market. My colleagues and I have similar experience and qualifications, but work in slightly different areas so we wouldn't necessarily know each others jobs inside out. I need to stand out, but not sure how.

thanks,

ToFollowJulie Thu 20-Feb-14 07:15:50

Leading a team requires you to look at your work from a different perspective. Usually, the time frame in which your decisions are effective is longer, so you need good judgement to consider how a decision will play out into the future. Also, you need good people skills, not just in the one-to-one area which is usual for a team member, but now in leading the team and thinking about how your team interacts with others. Good luck with your application!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now