Talk

Advanced search

Employer starting consultation to change contract

(4 Posts)
Kettricken Thu 13-Feb-14 15:04:19

My employer is starting a company wide consultation to change contracts for managers. Among other things this will mean losing premium rate pay for Sundays late nights and bank holidays and including a clause to say you'll have to work 3 in 4 Saturdays and 1 in 4 Sundays. I'm part time and only work the odd weekend (usually one Saturday a month, sometimes more depending on business needs) and am not happy about having to work the same number of weekend days as someone full time. Surely it should be pro rata? I will be seeking advice from my union but the company say they do not recognise unions for management, can this be right? Suppose I should be grateful to just have a job and will have to suck it up sad

stowsettler Thu 13-Feb-14 16:56:00

I would think your union could still advise you. It does sound unfair to me, but I'm no expert. If I were you I'd still get advice and go from there. Hope it works out.

HermioneWeasley Thu 13-Feb-14 20:06:45

If you are a member of a union you can still consult with them and get advice, it just means the comaony will not be negotiating with the union over it.

If they change your contract without agreement, then you could claim constructive dimissal. Ultimately this will come down to how much you don't want to accept the changes.

Kettricken Fri 14-Feb-14 14:51:12

Thanks, I've heard back from my union, I have to send my case manager copies of contracts and their proposals but she's on holiday for a week and so am I now. I guess I'll get things moving after half term!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now