Advanced search

Grasp the next rung of the career ladder

Find jobs that fit your skills and your home life with Mumsnet jobs

See all jobs »

A and E nurses?

(4 Posts)
TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Sat 24-Aug-13 18:16:20

Sorry if this is the wrong sub section, please move it if it is. I have an interview for a band 5 post in A and E on wednesday and I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of questions they may ask. It's been nearly 8 years since my last interview and I'm rather nervous. [Flowers] for anyone that can help.

elvislives2012 Sat 24-Aug-13 18:22:36

Hi. Good luck! Am ex ED nurse so maybe able to help. Be prepared for scenarios especially around prioritising care. At band 5 level they want to see how your past experiences will benefit them. So when answering use examples from practice eg I'm a good team player as I have done x, y and z in the past.
Smile and try to have a conversation with them. ED nurses are passionate about their specialty and want u to be too.
Good luck!
Ps ask for feedback. I got my ED job by going back in and getting feedback!

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Sat 24-Aug-13 18:38:10

Thanks for replying Elvis did you ask for feedback at the end of the interview or go back in? The interview is at a different hospital to where I work now so may not have a chance to go back in.

elvislives2012 Sun 25-Aug-13 15:06:46

I didn't get the job initially then arranged to go back and get feedback a week later and they had a change of heart grin

mumsnet jobs

Jobs you might like

View all jobs »

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now