Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Feeling really down about my future...what next?

(6 Posts)
Katymac Mon 05-Jun-06 21:06:59

I am ready for my next job/challenge/opportunity

I don't know what that is

I feel stifled - I am stopping others for progressing

I am frustrated & I am angry

Sorry for the rant

mazzystar Mon 05-Jun-06 21:14:07

Hey - what happened?

Did you not get anywhere with that application for the job in the school?

What do you want to do?

Katymac Mon 05-Jun-06 21:17:22

I haven't heard anything about the job - I just feel very despondant

My staff really need to get rid of me - in order to "take over" properly...I'm kinda hanging around my house (only working 2 days a week) and keep getting in their way

I just need something to do

Grr

mummyofeb Mon 05-Jun-06 21:49:36

A lot of us feel like this. Do you know what to do? I'm going through that right now and am starting to accept I can't just do something completely different right now esp with ds not being in school yet and that the only jobs available pt or flexi are ones that i am way too qualified for and probably won't even get. Perhaps a few years down the line I'll retrain for a "proper job" but at the moment I want and need to do something.

How about doing a college course pt? I did BSL during ds's first year so that I had something to look forward to during the week.

all4girlz Mon 05-Jun-06 22:04:47

do you have lifelong learning or similar near you.
I am enrolling for a course in sept, but they do courses to help you help your children in school, plus what about vision to learn online free courses in IT business etc --- to keep your brain ticking over.

Katymac Mon 05-Jun-06 22:17:35

I typed this big long thank you and the computer died on me

Thanks

DD is 8 and I'm eeping up with her fine (if she gets good at histiry or geography I'll be in trouble but I'm OK in maths/science/IT)

I started a business and it's going great but I'm Obsolete and I need to move on...but to what?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: