Talk

Advanced search

Dh has lost his job - again!

(16 Posts)
Rhubarb Wed 31-May-06 15:34:04

The one that we need to see us through till July! The stupid git trashed one of their tractors, it was his second day on this tractor and he backed it into a bloody lamppost! 15 years experience my arse! Then the next day he smashed the window on a different tractor by knocking the wing mirror on a bridge, the mirror went straight into the door window!

Now they've told him to bog off and they are refusing to pay him for 3 days worth of work because of the 2 accidents. There's nothing he can do because they only give out the weeks contract after he has worked that week, so no contract and no proof he worked those days. Bastard company would have been insured for the accidents so they are only doing this out of spite!

Dh has been a clumsy bastard, but this company have messed him round since he started work for them a year ago, and he's put in a lot of work for them! Now we're a couple of hundred euros down because of them! Thinking of letting their tractor tyres down and spraying "wankers" on their walls the day before we go back to the UK!

LadySherlockofLGJ Wed 31-May-06 15:37:28

OFFS Rhubs

Is there no end to it ??

oliveoil Wed 31-May-06 15:39:33

I am really sorry but that first paragraph made me laugh.

I will come back with some sympathy when I have compsed my features.

xx

Rhubarb Wed 31-May-06 15:45:25

I could swear he's doing it deliberately! If he's not careful I'm doing a Custy and selling his stuff on ebay!

I mean - what a plonker! I suppose the lamppost wasn't there before was it? Unlucky he says! It was a new fecking tractor and he says "unlucky"! Wankers for docking his wages though!

niceglasses Wed 31-May-06 15:49:56

You certainly are due a bout of good luck pet.

Wheres the wine? It is nearly 4 (5 over there)

Rhubarb Wed 31-May-06 15:51:36

I'm deffo on the beers tonight! And I'm going to shag Jack Johnson again just to spite him! So there!

SenoraPostrophe Wed 31-May-06 15:52:46

does he have an employment contract?

never mind about proof he worked those days, french employment law is very much in favour of the employee, and they can't just sack him without some serious compensation.

if it's cash in hand otoh, he's stuffed.

Rhubarb Wed 31-May-06 15:56:59

He's employed by an agency and he'll tell them what happened. Don't know about the policy of docking wages for accidents, I know it doesn't happen in the UK. He's not with a union.

ggglimpopo Wed 31-May-06 16:25:42

Message withdrawn

Rhubarb Wed 31-May-06 16:38:09

And to top it all off, just as I finished posting that, ds who was lent over the armchair just puked all over it - lots! As I sat in shock contemplating the mess all over the chair, he did it again over the floor, and just as I was grabbing hold of him, he puked again! I hauled him up to the bathroom literally dripping in vomit, the chair is outside, I've done what I can but there is still a big puke stain on it, and I've 100 tissues and an old towel in mopping up the rest - plus hosed ds down and washed my hands a million times! I soooo need a beer!

Rhubarb Wed 31-May-06 16:48:08

And now he's just sneezed a load of sick down his bloody nose!

Rhubarb Wed 31-May-06 16:49:34

D'ya know that 'worst week of my life' series that used to be on? (shit series) Well my life feels a lot like that now! It's so bloody tragic it's funny!

SenoraPostrophe Wed 31-May-06 18:41:00

how is he now?

Rhubarb Wed 31-May-06 19:38:46

Listless but alright thanks!

Rhubarb Wed 31-May-06 20:14:46

He just heaved but nothing came out, a long night ahead I think!

FloatingOnTheMed Wed 31-May-06 20:17:09

oh dear, sympathies rhubarb. xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: