Talk

Advanced search

waiting to hear whether i got the job! :s

(10 Posts)
iloveweetos Wed 22-May-13 15:55:49

Hi I had an interview for a role last week, and was told that I would find out by Monday whether I am successful or not. I emailed on Monday and was told (by recruitment consultant) that they have no news as of yet, but probably in the next day or two.
Should I email again or just wait for a response? Would I be OTT to email again?
ps the role starts Tuesday :s

Whitershadeofpale Wed 22-May-13 16:38:57

I'm in the same boat. Had a second interview on Thursday, she said I'd probably hear on Friday. Heard nothing so late on Monday I emailed and was told they had arranged an interview with someone else before I'd interviewed and she was coming in that day. I'm still waiting!!!!

I've told myself if I've heard nothing by Friday morning I'll chase again. It's soooooo frustrating!

iloveweetos Wed 22-May-13 16:45:04

hah i know! everyday takes ages to go past!!! Think i will wait until Friday (if i last that long!)
I dont wanna feel like im bugging the guy everyday!!
Good luck....hope its good news for you

Whitershadeofpale Wed 22-May-13 17:01:47

Thanks, good luck. It's horrible. i've even been taking my phone to the toilet with me in case I miss the call grin

iloveweetos Wed 22-May-13 20:55:35

Haha me too and checking emails every minute!!!
Decided I'm going to email tomorrow! Haha have ants in my pants!!!

Whitershadeofpale Wed 22-May-13 21:09:36

Good luck I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I've got another interview lined up for next week so I'm trying not to put all my eggs in one basket, but I really want this one!

iloveweetos Wed 22-May-13 21:25:05

Good luck with that! Haven't seen any jobs recently so really want this!!!!!!
Lemme know what happens smile

Whitershadeofpale Thu 23-May-13 08:56:24

will do, you too smile

Whitershadeofpale Thu 23-May-13 15:18:22

Emailed, my contact there who put me forward for the job to see if he's heard anything. He said they'd been a misunderstanding and that they'd always intented to let me know this Friday i.e tomorrow not last Friday blush.

iloveweetos Thu 23-May-13 15:24:16

thats good news (no news is good news) fingers crossed! I emailed too lol and have been told that the start date is being pushed back, but not sure to when :s i just wanna know now!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now