Talk

Advanced search

what should I do?

(3 Posts)
RogueRebel Tue 21-May-13 21:36:18

I started a new job 4 weeks ago, (first job since dd1 was born in 2009).
I am contracted for 16hs per week, which as a single parent works out reasonable on paper.
I love the job, but I am being pressured into over time each week. I would love to do it but I have 2 children under 5 and its becoming a hassle sorting out childcare nursery has no spaces on a Wednesday so my unreliable ex is covering for me on these days I've explained to my assistant manager who is in charge of the rotas and about over time as o don't want to get stuck paying back working tax credits. she always agrees with me and says she understands and next thing I know she's ignored me and made the rotas for 3 weeks in advance. My nursery is closed bh Monday and my ex has planned a last minute holiday so I have no childcare for two days I'm supposed to be working. the answer I got when explaining this was "the rotas done now". I've tried taking the initiative and handed her the days and hours I can work but she won't change rotas once done unless its half hour either way.
sorry for long post - just need some advice I don't want to make enemies my 4th week in and I want to stay in work but the constant childcare issues are getting me stressed out.

Relaxedandhappyperson Tue 21-May-13 21:38:13

No practical advice as my response would be to tell her to f* off. Sorry.

MsDeerheart Tue 21-May-13 21:43:27

Anyway you can swop with someone for that week
You could look for some other childcare on top - childminders can be quite flexiable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now