Talk

Advanced search

Additional Statutory Paternity Leave

(2 Posts)
RakeABedOfTyneFilth Thu 16-May-13 17:03:54

Can anyone help identify if my husband can claim any payment from his current employer in the following circumstances...

I am entitled to 39 weeks of paid maternity in my (public sector) job but I intend to return after 26 weeks. As far as I can tell from this directgov page my husband qualifies to be able to take additional paternity leave after I go back to work in all but one way: "they’re employed by you the week (Saturday to Sunday) before their leave and or pay starts"

He is going to be made redundant sometime in the next 8 or 9 weeks. From threads I've seen here (mainly relating to nanny jobs) I have gathered that even if there isn't a job to go back to, the employee can get SMP from an employer or can claim Maternity Allowance from the govt in lieu. Does this have any parallel application to fathers?

flowery Thu 16-May-13 17:44:33

It's as the link says. As long as he has long enough service and is still employed the week before his leave starts he is fine. If he leaves employment after that, it makes no difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now