Talk

Advanced search

Sick leave problem

(8 Posts)
Alwaysthebride Tue 14-May-13 21:33:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wolfiefan Tue 14-May-13 21:38:27

It doesn't seem wrong at all to me. You are not well enough for work. (On a practical level will there be someone with you to support you? Can you put a plan into place to help you deal with stress on the day? What exactly worries you?)
With regards to pension and legal etc advice- are you in a union?

MsDeerheart Tue 14-May-13 21:54:58

I wouldn't worry - I would be amazed if it was a problem - but agree union would be a good place- or do you have an occupational heath section - they can be very supportive?

chickensaladagain Tue 14-May-13 21:56:55

Is your doctors recommendation that you get out socially, spend time with friends?

If it is then there would be no issue smile

Alwaysthebride Tue 14-May-13 22:00:09

BriansBrain Tue 14-May-13 22:16:05

Being social is part of your recovery plan so shouldn't be seen as a negative in regards to work, is it a weekend or a day you should, if fit for, be at work?

Alwaysthebride Tue 14-May-13 22:43:32

BriansBrain Tue 14-May-13 22:56:00

Your welcome. I would say attend the wedding if you feel able to and try to enjoy if you can.

I organised our work Christmas meal and then was off sick with kidney stones for 2 weeks before Christmas, I was well enough to attend the meal but stil signed off so didn't go.

When people found out I was well enough to attend but didn't because I felt it wasn't appropriate to sosialise whilst on sick leave they all told me I was being a drama lama and so should have gone with them - managers as well as everyone else!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now