Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Effing WORK. Can anyone advice on effing appraisal shite... Sorry but bit stressed

(7 Posts)
drosophila Fri 19-May-06 20:46:03

Not long back at work and have do set an appraisal for next year. Setting the objectives and listing off how I will do it. Well there must be millions of us poor sods all over the place struggling with this and I wondered if anyone knew of a website that had some good generic examples I could lift so that I don't have to think about the work I do in that gobblegook way.

Roobie Fri 19-May-06 20:50:15

What field are you in? Role?

karenj1980 Fri 19-May-06 20:51:49

D- what line of work are you in and what are your main responsibilities at work? It's a bit hard to help without knowing. Happy to help on this so email me on karenjackson317@hotmail.com

dinny Fri 19-May-06 20:54:36

ggggr, have same, Drosophila - nightmare, isn't it?

drosophila Fri 19-May-06 20:55:29

The joke is I am in HR and will proably be asked for advice on this very thing. My mind is a blank -too tired- and I feel that I just want describle what I do in simple terms but I have to use expressions like = evaluate-demonstrate-show commitment. I would love to put something a bit exciting and challenging. Basically I help people with HR problems. Explain our guidance and a lot of handholding. Just find it difficult to translate into something meaningful.

drosophila Fri 19-May-06 20:57:28

Hane to go now Wine calling and then fall asleep on sofa but I have to have this done by Mon,aaagh so I will log on tomorrow and hope there are some great ideas for me to steal.
KAren. tanks for that I may well email you tomorrow.

florenceuk Sat 20-May-06 22:29:35

How about something like:

Ensure staff have access to timely, accurate advice on HR issues by .... and then list ways e.g through ensuring intranet Staff Handbook up-to-date; through ensuring an up-to-date and informative contact list for HR is available on the Intranet; through a weekly informal drop-in session; through organising an HR "open day"; or what ever else is provided - you have the idea! Stick dates for achieving particular things at the end. If it is anything like ours we can change them at the end of the year to reflect what we actually did, rather than what we said we would do....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: