Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Holiday Pay for Temp Staff?

(5 Posts)
MrsBigD Fri 19-May-06 12:31:19

I'm sort of on a temp contract where I am at the moment as I came in as a stand-in for a lady who had an accident. Looks like she's not coming back though so I'm here to stay for now. Company might not survive past November though so doubt I'll be given a permanent contract.

No holiday/sick pay mentioned in current contract as it was meant to be short term

Have been here nearly 6 months and planning to take a few days leave in August. So far have had a few days off due to nanny sick/kids sick etc. without pay. Didn't have any issues with that as the bosses have been very leniant with my absences - didn't do one single full week in March! (then again it didn't cost them anything )

However as in August I will have been here approx. 8 Months I thought I probably will be entitled to something?

Can anybody enlighten me on what my entitlement is in simple terms?

If I ask my boss then he probably just send me away to find out anyhow so thought I preempt

MrsBigD Fri 19-May-06 13:05:40

anybody?

chjlly Fri 19-May-06 13:09:46

When I was a temp with an agency we accrued holiday so I would have thought you should be entitled to something

SaintGeorge Fri 19-May-06 13:16:10

ACAS site

ACAS have a leaflet (a pdf downloadable version is available on the link) that might help.

MrsBigD Fri 19-May-06 13:29:02

thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: