Talk

Advanced search

Interview for promotion tomorrow, Due for maternity leave ion Friday.!!

(3 Posts)
Mrsambition Mon 08-Apr-13 14:40:09

Help & tips appreciated. I have my interview tomorrow for a promotion which was advertised internally & externally. I am due to take maternity leave on Friday and go for 10 months. I work for a small business so asked my manager if it was appropriate for me to apply an I was encouraged to do so. Confident in my ability but am aware that I am up against juniors who have less experience but would b there. Advice for the interview appreciated please.

flowery Mon 08-Apr-13 14:54:00

Sounds like you are in a pretty strong position tbh. Your boss knows you are about to be off for 10 months and rather than gently discouraging you, as many would do, is encouraging you to apply. I think you have good reason to be confident.

Don't raise your pregnancy and maternity leave as an issue in the interview unless they want to discuss it. Go in prepared to demonstrate why you are the best person for the job. Look at the person spec, and see what skills/experience/qualities they are looking for, and prepare examples of when you have demonstrated those successfully in the past.

What they will be able to do is potentially appoint you, and appoint one of the juniors as well on a temporary 'acting up' basis.

Mrsambition Tue 09-Apr-13 22:06:56

Interview went ok! They let the successful applicant know in 2 weeks, one week after I leave..... unsure what to make of that! thanks for the advice it helped me feel a bit more confident smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now