Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

does anyone know what help is available if i retrain?

(7 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Wed 03-Apr-13 22:18:02

what, if anything? is available to help me live? (We do rather rely on 2 incomes to pay our mortgage etc)

currently a police officer, looking at something completely different within the NHS.

would require 3 years full time study. During this time i would be without an income, DH earns about 22k a year.

is anything available to help me? my wage would be sadly missed....

lougle Wed 03-Apr-13 22:28:02

Sadly no. Nothing.'d possibly get a single person discount on the Council Tax, if your particular council has kept it after April 1st.

If you did a professional NHS course, you'd get a bursary, around 4-6k depending on the course.

You may get a student loan.

Oodsigma Wed 03-Apr-13 22:38:51

I'm in a similar boat , wanting to retrain (what did you fancy btw? as I'm looking at a few NHS professions).

So far I've not found anything to help me. Only if I had no level 2 qualifications.

MsIngaFewmarbles Wed 03-Apr-13 22:40:30

Nursing degrees come with a bursary dependent on household income if that's relevant?

MsIngaFewmarbles Wed 03-Apr-13 22:42:03

If you look up NHS student bursaries it should come up with a full list of the courses which are eligible for bursaries.

MsIngaFewmarbles Wed 03-Apr-13 22:43:12 here

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 03-Apr-13 23:06:29

cheers, will check it out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: