Talk

Advanced search

does anyone know what help is available if i retrain?

(7 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Wed 03-Apr-13 22:18:02

what, if anything? is available to help me live? (We do rather rely on 2 incomes to pay our mortgage etc)

currently a police officer, looking at something completely different within the NHS.

would require 3 years full time study. During this time i would be without an income, DH earns about 22k a year.

is anything available to help me? my wage would be sadly missed....
ta.

lougle Wed 03-Apr-13 22:28:02

Sadly no. Nothing.

Well....you'd possibly get a single person discount on the Council Tax, if your particular council has kept it after April 1st.

If you did a professional NHS course, you'd get a bursary, around 4-6k depending on the course.

You may get a student loan.

Oodsigma Wed 03-Apr-13 22:38:51

I'm in a similar boat , wanting to retrain (what did you fancy btw? as I'm looking at a few NHS professions).

So far I've not found anything to help me. Only if I had no level 2 qualifications.

MsIngaFewmarbles Wed 03-Apr-13 22:40:30

Nursing degrees come with a bursary dependent on household income if that's relevant?

MsIngaFewmarbles Wed 03-Apr-13 22:42:03

If you look up NHS student bursaries it should come up with a full list of the courses which are eligible for bursaries.

MsIngaFewmarbles Wed 03-Apr-13 22:43:12

www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/3253.aspx here

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 03-Apr-13 23:06:29

cheers, will check it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now