Talk

Advanced search

Any legal experts about? Please help!

(4 Posts)
lougle Tue 12-Mar-13 21:57:53

"Going to contact the company payroll and give them hell tomorrow. We'll be wanting to see a detailed breakdown before we pay a penny. "

How long ago was the employment? I'd be wary about contacting payroll just yet.

mummymccar Tue 12-Mar-13 21:19:38

Just had a quick google of the debt collection company and it looks like they don't have any legal powers to repossess anything. Going to contact the company payroll and give them hell tomorrow. We'll be wanting to see a detailed breakdown before we pay a penny.

Pendipidy Tue 12-Mar-13 20:53:41

I would be very wary. I was under the impression that over paid wages could not be claimed back?

mummymccar Tue 12-Mar-13 20:49:58

Hi,
We've received a letter today from a debt collection agency working on behalf of my DP's ex-employers demanding nearly £2k in over paid wages. The letter states that ex-employers have tried to contact us but to no avail. We've had no communications AT ALL, let alone about this. We can't see where on earth they've got this over payment from, and besides, we can't pay it.
It's supposed to be our anniversary celebrations tonight, instead we are now both very upset.
Is there anything at all we can do? Is it even legal to pass to a debt collection agency without trying to recover the "debt" from us first?
Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now