Talk

Advanced search

Any nurses out there or anyone in similar situation? Career advice and kick up the arse needed please

(1 Post)
ChairmanoftheBored Tue 12-Mar-13 20:22:02

To cut a long story short, my current job is about to come to an end. I have found out I will either by redeployed to another hospital or face redundancy. I work 2 days a week, but will eventually need to increase hours over the next few years.
My problem is this; I just don't know whether to start looking at a change of direction to another area of nursing or stick with what I am doing now. I am just so fed up. On the one hand I need a kick up the backside to force me to do more training and push myself harder career wise. On the other hand though, I am working in area that I know like the back of mt hand and feel reasonably happy here. I feel like the rug has been pulled from under me and I am being forced to make a decision I don't feel ready for. I like my comfy job.
My confidence took such a nosedive after having 2 years off work (not consecutive) having my babies. I don't feel I have it in me for a huge upheaval and re-training! Help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now