Advanced search

Working in the UK if a Non Dom?

(3 Posts)
MrsKoala Mon 04-Mar-13 20:20:11

DH and i are leaving the UK but he still wants to come back and work here doing consultancy. Does anyone know if there is there a limit to how many days he can work here before paying uk tax?


bachsingingmum Tue 05-Mar-13 13:33:27

This is a complex area and there are to be new rules introduced in this year's Finance Act - a statutory residence test. As a generalisation though, if you carry on a trade (I assume this consultancy will count as that rather than employment) in the UK, its profits will be taxable in the UK.

MrsKoala Tue 05-Mar-13 15:58:25

Thanks. Do you know if that money taxed here will also then be taxable in Canada? I have looked into double tax, DT, but must admit it is confusing the hell out of me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now