We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone advise on good HR training?

(5 Posts)
BoBoo Fri 18-Jan-13 22:01:47

I work for a pretty small company (less than 50 employees) and have, in part, a HR function. It's just part of the job but a part that I enjoy, although I haven't had any previous experience in this area other than line management. My employers are keen on employees training in areas of interest and I was thinking this might be something I would like to pursue, but no ideas where to start. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd probably like something to show for it at the end, so something formal I could put on my CV rather than workshops etc. Grateful for any advice.

Fairlygrounded Sat 19-Jan-13 16:59:42

Hi I work in HR. The professional HR body is the CIPD - check out their website for qualifications that would be accredited. Most HR professionals get their CIPD qualification and it is a pre-requisite for most HR jobs. It's hard work studying while working but I found it so interesting. Good luck!

BoBoo Sat 19-Jan-13 21:15:53

Thanks, Fairly. I work part-time at the moment and there's the possibility of a little study leave. I don't have much of a social life now I have the ankle biters so was hoping I might be able to do distance learning, or a combination. Have requested a brochure. Thanks again.

Miller1977 Sat 19-Jan-13 21:29:31

Yes CIPD is definitely the route to take. Most organisations with ask for this when looking to employ for a HR position.

LifeHope11 Wed 23-Jan-13 13:03:28

Hallo BoBoo

Here is the link for CIPD accredited courses in your area...may be helpful:

http://www.cipd.co.uk/qualifications/where-qualified

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now