Talk

Advanced search

When should I hear?

(7 Posts)
Klingyston Wed 31-Oct-12 14:22:47

I had an interview on Friday am and have heard nothing so far. Is this fairly normal in your experience? Can I chase it up?

JellyBelly10 Wed 31-Oct-12 14:27:09

When did they say you would hear by? Normally at the end of the interview they would give you some indication of what the next step might be and possible timings etc. What type of company was it? Some will take longer than others in arranging second interviews (and with it now being half-term maybe some staff are off who need to be involved in decisions)??

omletta Wed 31-Oct-12 14:29:26

Far too early to hear IMO, depending on the job and the circumstance. I would leave it until at least Friday, possibly Monday given that it is half term.

omletta Wed 31-Oct-12 14:30:02

Oh and good luck! What's the job?

Klingyston Wed 31-Oct-12 14:51:39

They just said 'we'll let you know' at the end. It's for an educational establishment and the need someone to start ASAP which is why I think it's odd that they haven't made a decision yet - or maybe they have but just haven't got round to telling me that I haven't got it - in which case I will be cross as I'd like to know.

flowery Wed 31-Oct-12 18:21:06

Unless they had more interviews this week I'd take the delay as a not a particularly good sign tbh- people tend to make offers to first choice candidates pretty quickly.

omletta Wed 31-Oct-12 20:42:02

If its educational sector might they be closed his week? Or have a very low staff level, perhaps the decision maker(s) is off?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now