Talk

Advanced search

Sickness time off during pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
Natnat29 Wed 31-Oct-12 08:37:58

Feeling guilty as I'm about to call in sick again today, I'm 27 weeks and have been off probably about 3 weeks during the course of my pregnancy so far.
Various things was in a bump in car which gave me whiplash, was off with high blood pressure and today was trying to force myself into work but migraine and hardly any sleep - I just couldn't face it.
I feel guilty for having time off but if I was there I'd feel guilty that Im pushing myself too far.
I finish for mat leave at 34 weeks any advice to keep me going?

FrightRunScream Wed 31-Oct-12 08:50:08

I had 8 weeks off in both pgs. Pregnancy related sicknesses does not count against you on your personal record. Does your employer know you are pg? Have you got a risk assessment to account for your pg? Does it need reviewing if you feel like you are pushing yourself? Could you maybe get your GP or mw to sign you off for a couple of weeks? Could you reduce your hours (after my 8 weeks off in first pg, i went back 2 half days a week and built up to ft over abiut 6 weeks, under supervision of a Occupational Health nurse. I was on full pay). Don't feel guilty about work! Your priority is to your and your baby's health! !!

I realize that my situation is idealistic. I do work force big, public organisation and I realise that smaller employees may bit be so generous, but the law is there to protect you.

Natnat29 Wed 31-Oct-12 09:09:07

Thanks Fright ironically I do work in a public section/gov job so the pressure from work is implied rather than actually said but you are right baby comes first. Just don't know how I will make it to 34 weeks, have been honest with the doc and Mw and told them that I was struggling spoke to OH who suggested as an option I could work an afternoon from
Home once week but this hasn't happened.

Natnat29 Wed 31-Oct-12 09:10:08

fright did you get reduced hours as a phased return after sickness or as another arrangement?

FrightRunScream Wed 31-Oct-12 09:18:40

It was a phased return after sickness. The pg was incidental, they do this for many people who are off sick for more than a month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now