Talk

Advanced search

6mth job seekers review meeting..what happens?

(4 Posts)
Chippychop Tue 16-Oct-12 16:09:13

I've been claiming Jsa for 6 mths following redundancy. My 6 mth review meeting is tomorrow. I was wondering what to expect. I only claim on a contribution basis, not income basis.

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Tue 16-Oct-12 19:20:45

Hi as you claim contribution based jsa it is only payable for 6 months so you can still claim but only for your national insurance stamp.

Of course dependant on your circumstances you may move onto income based jsa. After 6 months contribution based jsa you may be eligible for courses to start your own business or to return to work. All these options may be discussed and widening your job search to include jobs you may not previously have considered. HTH.

Chippychop Tue 16-Oct-12 20:30:51

I'm fortunate enough not to need to claim income based because I have an unemployment insurance to fall back on for the next 12mths on the condition I am claiming Jsa (which I hate doing). i was a high earner before but to be honest if I found a nice pt local job ( in my field) I'd consider that as Dh is out of house. 14hrs a day and works away sometimes, and with two small dc it's not easy. My fear is they'll either stop me claiming my stamp and/or force me to take an unskilled job.
Or a ft time job. Is this likely? Thanks

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Wed 17-Oct-12 10:20:11

Hi as you have young children they take into consideration your childcare responsibilities and won't force you to take a full time job. You can take a part time job up to 16 hours a week and still sign on. However your insurance company may then stop paying you as much.

I was in same situation and claiming jsa due to the stipulations of my income payment protection from insurance company after being made redundant. However as I already had another part time Job which I kept on, I was not eligible for any money from jsa as they take off earnings pound for pound, but I had I keep signing on
for Insurance claim. I hated it and job centre are so inflexible and I had to sign on on day I worked! They let me come in after work but wouldn't change signing on day as it's determined by your national insurance number! After my insurance claim elapsed I stopped signing on as not worth it any more. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now