Talk

Advanced search

SMP - is this right?

(6 Posts)
mumnosbest Tue 16-Oct-12 09:35:42

i received my wage slip this morning and feel very sad and a bit confused

i'm a teacher so opted for 20wks at 3/10 of my wage then SMP for up to a year. This is my 9th month and i got £436. is that SMP? last month i got £565. i thought smp was the same each month. will it drop again next month?

MrsBungleBear Tue 16-Oct-12 09:39:16

You only get smp for 39 weeks. It's probably running out now. Phone payroll and check if I were you.

loismustdieatyahoodotcom Tue 16-Oct-12 10:00:51

They may be working it im weeks. So last month was 5 weeks and this month is 4 weeks. Im on my my phone but if you divide last months by 5 and then multiply by 4 does it give this months pay?? Afaik if you read the direct gov website it states SMP as X amount per week not per month. Also usually some months will have 5 weeks and some 4. Excuse the grammere etc

flowery Tue 16-Oct-12 10:03:34

If you're already in your 9th month of maternity leave it will probably be as MrsBungle says, and you've run out of SMP. If you take a year off, the last 3 months is unpaid. You should have been notified that by your employer when your maternity leave dates and pay arrangements were confirmed.

mumnosbest Tue 16-Oct-12 10:06:27

oh you're right. best start doing my sums. not planning on going back to work yet!

mumnosbest Tue 16-Oct-12 10:08:48

just checked papers all it says is 20 wks at 3/10 then smp. didn't realise the last bit was unpaid sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now