Talk

Advanced search

returning to work after maternity leave

(3 Posts)
LouPenny Thu 11-Oct-12 23:22:35

I am due back to work on 01/11/12 however 3 weeks ago I requested to take my 25 days accrued holiday first. I had to send 2 emails in order to get an acknowledgement they had received my request. They said they were too busy to deal with it at the moment. This week I sent another email. asking if they had an answer for me. They said no not yet as they don't think they will have cover for me. However even if I did return on the 1st I would still have 25 days to take before 31/12/12, to me this just sounds like an excuse. They have also refused my request for part time work. I feel they want me to leave. I have had no contact re my return even what hours they want me to work or anything. Does anyone know if there are any rules they should be following? Or am I just being paranoid? Any advice appreciated.

Rockchick1984 Fri 12-Oct-12 18:21:04

Returning to work, unless told otherwise you are to return to your previous hours / days. Personally I would give up with the emails for now (clearly they are happy to simply ignore them) and telephone / go in to see your manager to sort out what is happening. After you have done this, send an email just saying "as we discussed on X date, I will be returning on 1/11/12, doing X hours, and will be taking my 25 days accrued holiday X-X date. By doing it face to face / over the phone they can't simply ignore you.

flowery Fri 12-Oct-12 18:38:31

I agree. You need to stop emailing and waiting and speak to an actual person. Speak to your manager. Say you are due back on 1/11 but have 25 days holiday to use by the end of the year, could he/ she please confirm which days you should take them. Then confirm the conversation with an email copying in HR.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now