Talk

Advanced search

On mat leave, contact details taken off work website completely

(5 Posts)
welshmum80 Sat 06-Oct-12 18:19:56

Hi there,
Just a simple question - when you were on mat leave did your employer remove your name/job title and contact details from their website? I just started only a few weeks ago on mat leave and I have not given any indication I will not be returning - I intend on going back part time.
It has made me feel a bit odd. Feel like it looks like I have left.
Is this normal practice?? I work in Higher Education.
Any feedback from others would be great, thanks smile.
OH says it's normal practice and I should think nothing of it!
Thanks smile

flowery Sat 06-Oct-12 20:03:24

If you are not there to be contacted, it would seem strange to leave your details up for people to contact you. Surely better to ensure contact details are only provided for people who can actually be contacted using those details?

annh Sat 06-Oct-12 21:06:09

Perfectly normal where I work, the maternity cover's details will usually be on the website instead and if we're being on the ball it might even say maternity cover in brackets next to their name.

YoullLaughAboutItOneDay Sat 06-Oct-12 21:24:00

Ours leaves you up externally (to clients), but flags you as on maternity leave on the internal database.

Saves masses of phone messages and emails going to the wrong person.

It's pretty normal.

missingmumxox Sat 06-Oct-12 22:59:08

I stayed on the internal system and as I went off all of a sudden I had not set up an out of office and no one not even me thought about it, 15 months later I came back to an in box of 5415 emails, that number in inprinted on my mind forever! I just deleted the first 12 months of them as I figured they must have relised I wasn't there by then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now