Talk

Advanced search

Full time position being advertised in addition to my part time

(6 Posts)
doesithurt Sun 23-Oct-11 20:28:21

ok - so i currently work part time and most the time there is not enough work to fill my working day.

i have found out they are advertising for a further full time person to help at work (office job) in addition to mine.

my job is apparently safe and will be there when i return but there isnt enough work for me and there is no expansion planned (and i was told no money to expand!!). i can be asked to work and do work extra hours when we are actually busy.

this is in addition to a current full time office person who isnt prepared to delegate

thoughts please!

MeMySonAndI Sun 23-Oct-11 20:29:18

Apply for the full time position?

doesithurt Sun 23-Oct-11 20:34:36

am i able to do that as i wont be able to start when they want the position to start as i will be on maternity leave?

MeMySonAndI Sun 23-Oct-11 20:41:46

Would it be possible that they are advertising that position to cover your maternity leave?

MeMySonAndI Sun 23-Oct-11 20:43:24

And yes, you can apply for the position. I know someone who went to an interview heavily pregnant, she was the best candidate so she got the position, she didn't work at all as she went into maternity leave before she started, was out for a year.

doesithurt Sun 23-Oct-11 20:43:37

no - they are advertising it in addition to my job. i have had confirmation tonight in a phone call from one of the directors

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now