Talk

Advanced search

maternity leave and new role/same company

(3 Posts)
monstergoose Wed 19-Oct-11 05:08:52

I've been working within the same company for just over a year in total. After 6 months I stepped up to a senior/management role but now am not enjoying it so will be returning to my original role but based in a different branch.

My question is will my maternity pay be affected by this change in role? As i understand it you need to be employed for 6m to qualify for maternity pay but am unsure if this 6m starts from the beginnning of my employment with the company or after each change of job role. I am not currently pregnant but have just started trying for a baby. It won't affect whether we try or not but just trying to plan ahead financially a little

thanks in advance for any advice

hairylights Wed 19-Oct-11 06:21:50

Maternity leave you qualify for No matter how long you have worked for the company.

Ientitlement to maternity pay - continuity of service starts at the beginning of your employment. As long as you have continuity of service for the company and have been employed for 26 weeks into the 15th week before your baby is due, then you are entitled to smp.

monstergoose Wed 19-Oct-11 16:19:47

thanks-it was the continuity of service part i was unsure about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now