Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else a band seven in the NHS? Would you recommend it?

(1 Post)
shouldibeaband7 Mon 17-Oct-11 13:46:58

Brief resume, I have been a band six for the last 7/8 years within a community team. I have a caseload which I am responsible for (complex caseworking). Over the last six months or so I have been asked to take on other historically 'band seven' type roles, things that have to happen to fulfil out statutory obligations etc .

Well basically its all getting a bit much, balancing the demands of a caseload and the other aspects of the work. My manager is aware of this but she is doing what used to be the job of two people so is under pressure too. I don't want to be seen as unhelpful or unwilling either and the additional responsibilities are interesting.

There will be a band seven post coming up in a nearby area soon, it would be managing a small team (probably only 3 or 4 other workers, band sixes) and I am wondering if thats the way to go. I am thinking at least I wouldn't be juggling the demands of a caseload with everything else.

I would be interested to hear of anyone elses experiences of being a band seven in the NHS, particularly nurses but anyone really!!

Many Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now