Talk

Advanced search

Urgent advice needed....

(5 Posts)
Sharpkat Sat 15-Oct-11 13:34:05

Any advice at all appreciated as I don't know what to do next.

So I resigned on Monday. This job was totally mis-sold to me and as a result of the stress of the job I am suffering from severe anxiety
(cannot eat, feel faint all the time, shaking) and depression.

I am on a weeks notice but agreed to be flexible. In my vulnerable state they have railroaded me in to agreeing to 6 week and I have stupidly put in writing that I commit to 6 weeks.

Given my reasons for resigning - way too much stress, not sleeping, panic attacks - I am not sure I can even get through another week. And I have to travel to Europe next week and stay overnight. I am not sure travel is in my contract.

So, to cut a long story short, now that I have put 6 weeks in writing, am I committed to that even though my notice period is 1 week. I could get signed off but would prefer not to go down that route.

Sorry for the long post and hope someone can help as I am desperate. Only been there since August and this job is killing me.

Thanks

Sharpkat

Grevling Sat 15-Oct-11 14:26:54

Just tell them it's not going to work out and you want to leave in a weeks time. No employer would force you to turn up if you made it very clear you didn't want to be there.

flowery Sat 15-Oct-11 16:02:28

No you're not committed, you can resign with a week's notice at any point, including during an extended notice period.

Sorry you've having such a rough time, so disappointing in a new job.

Sharpkat Sat 15-Oct-11 18:59:29

Thanks for your replies and support. This is just taking its toll on me so much. I will get through it, but it is tearing me apart.

flowery Sat 15-Oct-11 19:44:03

Tell them on Monday morning that you have changed your mind and will give them a further week from then, leaving on Friday. You can get through a week no problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now