Talk

Advanced search

Handed in notice: now boss is taking me off projects where I'll earn commission before I leave

(2 Posts)
BN138 Fri 14-Oct-11 16:45:17

Hi there, I’m hoping that someone might be able to give me some advice. Yesterday I was offered a new job, which I accepted - and promptly handed in my notice. All done very nicely, and underlining that I will continue to work as hard as ever for the company until I leave. Now, I have just been informed that 'for reasons of continuity with the client' I have been taken off a project where I stood to earn about 2.5k in commission, and have been working on for 6 months. Whilst there is no absolute guarantee that it would have come in before I left, I feel sidelined and that this decision has been made less on the basis of continuity and more on the fact that they don't want to pay me the commission. I've complained, but it's not been upheld. What can I do? Anything? I work for a very well known organisation, which is hardly small or suffering - so the commission is not really a huge impact to their profit line. Wonder now what I'm going to do for the next month - twiddle my thumbs?!

flowery Fri 14-Oct-11 17:20:41

Nothing you can do, realistically no. It's perfectly normal and standard to take staff working their notice away from client-facing work, and I can't imagine there is anything in your contract entitling you to demand that you stay on it, or to get the commission because of your previous work on the project.

It's just frustrating that in your case it is happening by the sounds of it very shortly before you would have got paid your commission.

Check your contract/commission scheme carefully in case there's something but I would be very surprised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now