Talk

Advanced search

Annual leave incorrectly calculated

(3 Posts)
mumtorobbie Thu 13-Oct-11 20:00:49

I'm currently working on a short term contract for a large public sector organisation. My annual leave is annualised and when I started it said how many hours leave I was entitled to in my contract. At the time, I questioned the fact I seemed to have far too much leave but was assured it was correct.

Today I was called into my line manager's office and told the hours had been worked out wrong and to cut a long story short I now owe the organisation 15 hours in leave.

I have now had to cancel all my future booked leave because I'm not entitled to it and when I showed my manager my contract she said there's nothing that can be done. Put simply, I'm entitled to a certain amount of leave, I've taken it all and tough luck.

I know there's probably nothing I can do about it and my contract finishes in December anyway but I'm furious that a mistake on personnel's part means I now can't spend anytime over Xmas with my family.

Any ideas as to how to proceed?

NatashaBee Thu 13-Oct-11 20:16:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumtorobbie Thu 13-Oct-11 20:20:41

I offered to take unpaid leave but it's a no-go. To be honest, my manager is an absolute witch to work for and we're all terrified of her. I don't even dare pursue it with personnel as they're absolutely clueless and it will no doubt get back to her that I'm questioning it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now