Talk

Advanced search

Teaching advice please

(3 Posts)
shinyhappypeople Sun 09-Oct-11 22:07:36

Hi, I’m looking for some advice with regard to teaching in a Primary School or an Early Years setting. I am currently a Lecture in an FE college and I’m into my tenth year of teaching BTEC’s to 16-19 year olds. I am considering a career change to teach in a Primary or nursery and would like some advice on the best route into this.
I have a degree and PGCE (14-19 years). Does anyone know how transferrable my currently qualifications would be (if at all) and what would be the best qualifications for me to start considering?
Any advice welcome
Thanks

DrSeuss Mon 10-Oct-11 18:43:58

I'm afraid that the problem is less about qualifications than the fact that there are far more primary teachers than decent jobs. My son's school had over forty applicants for one job last term. Sorry to be a wet blanket sad

Appuskidu Mon 10-Oct-11 20:27:53

Yes, I agree with the previous poster-check out the vacancies in your local area. Also look at the NQT section of the TES website and read carefully; so many of them just can't secure jobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now