Talk

Advanced search

NHS Harassment .. but its not aparently as i havent got enoguh proof! CAN ANYONE HELP ME WRITE A LETTER

(17 Posts)
ThePathlessPath Thu 06-Oct-11 17:40:49

I have been having ongoing problems with a colleague who is a bully and because i stand up to her she makes my life difficult. She is very clever and sneaky and know how to navigate the NHS system, enough is enough i thought and went to see HR. But i dont have case as i dont have enough proof - there have been 7 other complaints but agoin nothing substanstial.

Why is it that this behavoir is acceptable ?
Anyhow I conceed defeat but i want to write a stern letter to the NHS managemtn to tell them how i think it is all unfaira and about my feelings but everytime i go to write the letter i am a wre ck and cant seem to form a proper structured letter that doesnt maKE me look like a screaming banshee.

can anyome help me convey my disappointment? that such awful behavir and bullyign is ok

thanks

thank you

ThePathlessPath Thu 06-Oct-11 17:41:34

Sorry for all the mistakes bit emotional x

grumplestilskin Thu 06-Oct-11 17:45:11

you need to keep a diary of every event time and date

but nothing will happen, lots of people will leave your department, she might get a gentle talking to.. sorry that's my experience of this in the NHS. Can have someone with multiple complaints of bullying but so long as they never say anything racist etc, they literally walk out of any meetings about it laughing.

you could write an AIRS form every time you feel it affects your work but they'll likely find something petty to write one back about you

NHS does not tackle "clever" bullies, SOMETIMES at best they promote them away from having as much contact with others, but that's best case scenario in most cases others quit

ThePathlessPath Thu 06-Oct-11 17:48:01

AIRS form what is that? yes they dont tackle clever bullies and people do end up leaving
A lot of my diary will be my feelings and thoughts but i have very littel proof

SauvignonBlanche Thu 06-Oct-11 17:50:37

Does your Trust a have a Bullying and Harrassment or Dignity at work policy, make sure you read it.
Are you in a union?

grumplestilskin Thu 06-Oct-11 17:52:49

no feelings or thoughts

time, date, they said: I said: they did: I did: outcome: how it affected task
NOT what you think they meant, how you felt

AIRS (adverse incidents reporting.... system??) Basically if your work is interrupted you say unable to complete X task efficently/on time because of intimidation or whatever

It can get attention if speaking to your manager isn't getting anywhere, but can back fire when AIRS forms get shot back at you for taking 16 mins for your 15 min break etc

RabbitPie Thu 06-Oct-11 17:55:09

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ThePathlessPath Thu 06-Oct-11 17:56:06

Yes been through the policy but HR manager said that the proof i had was me being too sensitive and the slandserous comments I have no written proof off and whats done is done.
The delaying comments to paperwork until after too late then causing a fuss is her just being disorganised, the littel digs i have no witness and the " i didnt realise that woudl happen, sadly she has 22 years experince and is a higher band than me

ThePathlessPath Thu 06-Oct-11 17:58:18

So whats the best way of doing my diary? from this week back or chronologicvally tehn attach emails too as evidence in an appendix?

ThePathlessPath Thu 06-Oct-11 17:59:15

I feel dreadful about all this lost so many nightas sleep but my feeling dont seem to count at all yet others are allowed to act like this

grumplestilskin Thu 06-Oct-11 18:02:22

most recent first because your memory will be better, make it EXACTLY the words used, not the gist

its horrible!

Bearcat Thu 06-Oct-11 20:24:34

Look up sociopath.
I am going through a totally shit time in NHS

HannahHack Fri 07-Oct-11 19:44:44

I'm not being harassed, I have learnt!!!, but there are a large amount of things it encompasses.

For example, being asked to do work or being submitted to more scrutiny than others. High levels of criticism are also harassment, but only if you can prove they are wrong which is actually vv hard as these things are pretty subjective. (in my own situaitons i have decided to not go down this route).

Are they talking about you with other peole. cc'ing an email into people who are not relevant to the sitatuation is one very common way that harassment cases are proved as it is 'hard evidence'.

Also asking you to do things that are not in your contract.

Your own notes taken at the time or immediatly afterwards would stand up in court as evidence.

Sorry, I know how hard it is.

sundew Fri 07-Oct-11 19:49:50

Have you made an official commplaint to your HR dept (rather than just atlking it through?).

I have been through a similar problem although my NHS HR dept were very understanding and spoke to my manager. Her has managed to get himself sacked in the meantime which is a result smile

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Sun 09-Oct-11 07:59:50

It sounds as though they were saying from what you'd written they wouldn't be able to take action. Is it possible for you to give an example or two and we can maybe help you write it in a more appropriate way?

fedupworking Sun 09-Oct-11 13:40:13

OMG, this sound like I wrote the first posting, I’m having the same problems with my manager, and I fully intend to take a grievance procedure out against him once I have been through the second investigation in nine months with him.
I have been in my job over twenty years, never having any problems with my previous managers or work colleagues.
I was totally cleared by HR of any misconduct the last time and now find myself at the beginning of another investigation for doing my job properly (as far as I’m concerned )
I have a list the length of my arm of remarks, issues not being dealt with, when it’s other people, racial discrimination, sexual discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
If you’re a member or Unison or a union I’d get yourself a good shop steward to fight your case with you.

mumtorobbie Thu 13-Oct-11 20:16:15

My friend had a similar experience in the NHS. She'd only been working there for a few weeks when she discovered her manager had 8 grievances against her. All her staff were absolutely terrified of her and my mate soon found out why (won't go into details here but she caused one member of staff to have a nervous breakdown and had to retire early because of it).

Thing is, the manager just seemed to get rapped on the knuckles and that was it. It was so bad she left in the end and went back to the private sector which just wouldn't put up with that sort of cr*p.

From what I've been told the NHS is a bloody awful organisation to work for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now