Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone give me an insight to recruitment consultancy culture?

(4 Posts)
CobOnTheCorn Thu 06-Oct-11 14:51:14

I'm interested in a job (HR role) within a recruitment consultancy and I wondered if anyone could tell me what it's like on the inside. What is the culture like and what type of people does this sector tend to attract? Of course I already have some preconceptions but I could be completely wrong so can you tell me how it really is?

scarlettsmummy2 Thu 06-Oct-11 18:08:48

Depends on your morals really. In HR at a recruitment agency you will spend a lot of time advising on how to put consultants on work plans for not performing, then dealing with complaints from said consultants.

I know this as I was a manager for one of the biggest for 5 years. It is extremely cut throat, especially in the current economic climate, and HR are left to pick up the pieces and make pay outs.

CobOnTheCorn Thu 06-Oct-11 21:54:54

Thanks Scarlett, that's really helpful. I struggle to find a company with values similar to my own but needs must. I'm feeling cautious and I think I should listen to that...

scarlettsmummy2 Thu 06-Oct-11 22:00:28

It obviously depends on the agency, but anywhere as target driven is likely to be like this. Also, most recruiters I worked with are hot headed, which led to lots of arguments etc, so therefore more hassle for HR.

however, the agency I worked for, an american finance and accounting agency, did treat their top performers very well, and had some decent employee benefits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now