Talk

Advanced search

Saving British jobs

(4 Posts)
AllyMcL Tue 04-Oct-11 08:10:50

I've just found out three of my friends' husbands could lose their jobs at BAE Systems. About 900 men are going to be made redundant at the factory so it's basically the end of manufacturing. This is going to have a massive impact on their families. One of their sons was hoping to become an apprentice there and work alongside his dad. There's no chance of that now. It's not just these men, it's our children's futures that are at stake.
How many more families are going to be put through this and how many more communities are going to be wrecked by Government inaction? We need to do something to send a message to the politicians that they must help our families.
Please sign this petition http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/18283
Together, we are strong! Please help my friends.

HoneyPablo Tue 04-Oct-11 18:38:55

I have signed it but it doesn't close till a tear's time. By then I fear it may be too late for DH and his colleagues.

Riveninabingle Tue 04-Oct-11 18:42:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MOSagain Wed 05-Oct-11 19:25:37

Agree with Riven, don't see how a petition can possibly make any difference. BAE has been laying people off for years, just not as publicly as recently. DH worked for them for over 16 years until a few months ago when thank god he decided to leave to work for a company that actually gave a shite about their employees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now