Talk

Advanced search

Help! Edenred childcare vouchers- Anyone use these? Need some advice.

(11 Posts)
triskaidekaphile Mon 26-Sep-11 21:00:36

Recently signed up for these and so far it's been pretty disastrous. I get paid on the 15th and last month they finally reached the account on the 25th, by which time I'd given up on them and paid the nursery fees upfront from the rest of my wages (meaning we were totally skint). I assumed that must be the date they'd be paid every month but no payment yet for September and it's the 26th... I was banking on having a double payment to make. Feeling very, very anxious as I need to get them to my child's nursery by the 1st and have no money to cover if they don't go through. Does anyone use them and know how they work/when they're paid etc? Very grateful for any information/advice.

pecanpie Mon 26-Sep-11 21:28:50

So you're a mum who uses the vouchers to pay nursery fees?

I've never had a problem like this with Edenred/Accor as they used to be in over 4 years. Have you spoken to your employer about this?

trixymalixy Mon 26-Sep-11 21:33:46

I've never had a problem either, I have s standing order set up from my Edenred account to pay to the nursery and I haven't had to look at it for years, it works fine.

triskaidekaphile Mon 26-Sep-11 21:50:20

Thanks for the replies, guys. Maybe the problem is at my employer's end. I'll phone payroll tomorrow. Do you know what date your vouchers get paid in?

stealthsquiggle Mon 26-Sep-11 21:59:09

we use both Edenred and care-4 (one each for DH and I) and the credits normally go in on the day we get paid, or the day after at the very latest. In fact I usually know I have been paid when I get the credit notice from care-4 (and I spend administer DH's as well so I know his Edenred ones go in equally promptly)

triskaidekaphile Mon 26-Sep-11 22:39:17

thanks, stealth. There must be a problem if mine are taking 10 days plus to reach them, then? I've emailed them and will talk to payroll tomorrow.

stealthsquiggle Mon 26-Sep-11 22:40:27

Yes - check with them and then shout at check with payroll. We have never had any issues in 8 years!

triskaidekaphile Mon 26-Sep-11 23:14:06

That's good. Maybe I will give them another chance before I storm off in a huff then! It's encouraging that you guys never have had any problems with them. Bet it's my employer. Big council and not known for their efficiency exactly.

petal2008 Tue 27-Sep-11 21:10:53

A voucher company cannot issue the vouchers until they get the money from your employer otherwise they would be subsidising them and be out of pocket. As soon as it is received it is released on the same day or on a date specified by your employer. Some pay in advance and specify that vouchers are released on your paydate. They do not have to be paid to you until your paydate as the vouchers form part of your pay. There may be a cockup at the voucher company as this can happen but nine times out of ten the company hasn't paid over the money which is a bit naughty as the money is presumably sitting in a company bank account all this time until it is paid. It is very frustrating as the parents start ranting and raving saying they haven't got their vouchers and think the voucher company is withholding them. I do work for a voucher company - not Edenred though.

BikeRunSki Tue 27-Sep-11 21:13:57

I use Edenred. I get paid on 15th and my account is credited on 28th-30th of month. Which is OK for me, as I need to pay nursery by 7th, but payment goes out instantly, so maybe if you pay on the 1st, nursery will also get money on 1st.

triskaidekaphile Tue 27-Sep-11 21:23:47

Thanks, both. The vouchers made it into my account today so am hoping against hope that they will get to the nursery by the 1st. My nursery manager is lovely but I don't want to get on the wrong side of her where money's concerned! Feeling guilty after reading your post, petal2008. I didn't rant and rave but was rather, erm, frostily to the point in the email I sent. Couldn't get through to payroll today but it's clearly my employer's fault, as you guessed. Anyway, it's sorted for this month, at least.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now