Talk

Advanced search

Holiday entitlement - baby brain (or just rubbish brain?!) and I can't work it out

(4 Posts)
millymollymandymoo Mon 26-Sep-11 11:21:20

I was wondering if someone could help me out, my brain seems to have given up

I am entitled to 28 days holiday a year on full time.

Recently i have changed from a regular 40 hour week over 5 days, to compressed hours of 40 hours in 4 days.

In the year, that's 5 months of normal hours, and 7 months of compressed hours.

Will changing to compressed hours reduce the number of holiday days I'm allowed?
and how do I work it out?
Company has a habit of getting away with as much as possible, so I want to know what I'm entitled to....

If anyone could help me work it out, i'd be grateful. I haven't taken any holiday this year so far (since April that is) so I want to work out my entire year's allowance, which is available to take between now and the end of March 2012

flowery Mon 26-Sep-11 12:00:27

Yes it will reduce the number of days, because you are working fewer days, but you will get paid more for each day off than you used to. So you'll have 5 months on 28 days and 7 months on 22.5 days. 28/12x5 plus 22.5/12x7

Alternatively your employer might do a complicated system of number of hours off.

millymollymandymoo Mon 26-Sep-11 12:14:51

So roughly 24.5 days a year - thanks flowery smile

BerylStreep Fri 30-Sep-11 17:13:16

In our place we convert to hours, as different staff work different lengths of days. So to take a week's leave, you would still use 40 hours leave, but 10 hours leave a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now