Talk

Advanced search

Nobody ever comes to see me...

(7 Posts)
morleylass Sat 24-Sep-11 19:22:12

Well Monday morning is Harvest service at a local church (c of e school), I often don't go to these services as the children often don't do anything other than be part of the congregation and tbh by the time I get to work it is normally 11 so I have a lot of time to make up. I prefer to attend events such as plays, assemblies, sports day, but I can't attend them all.
Anyway Friday when I pick up from school dd says that she is doing some acting and was I coming, when I said no she got all upset and said that why is there never anyone to watch her? I now feel really bad, I think that this is the worst part of being a working parent. I now will try and see if there is some way that I can attend but it will mean try to re-arrange my week which is generally planned to the minute anyway!

Anyway I just needed to get that off my chest !

Morleylass xx

TheMonster Sat 24-Sep-11 19:37:30

I understand your guilt! I'm a teacher so stand next to no chance of time off to see DS at school.
He goes to a wraparound service, so we drop him off at 7.30 am and pick him up at 6pm. He hates the fact that all his friends get picked up by mum or dad or nan and he doesn't.
It's hard to live with.

TheMonster Sat 24-Sep-11 19:38:07

And he only started full-time this month. I wasn't able to drop him off at school on his first day as it was also my first day back. sad

morleylass Sun 25-Sep-11 09:48:33

It's tough isn't it, I think what makes it harder is that there are very few other children who seem to be in the same position. One positive for you Eeyore is that you will get the school holidays together, I don't get all the school holidays but I do have an arrangement to take extra unpaid leave during the summer and I am very appreciative of that!

TheMonster Sun 25-Sep-11 14:04:54

Yes, the holidays are a blessing in that respect.

Just out of interest, are you in Morley, Leeds?

morleylass Sun 25-Sep-11 22:58:48

Hi, no I am in Norfolk! smile

BerylStreep Sat 01-Oct-11 17:43:22

It's hard - I'm PT, but even at that I find it difficult to attend all the things - plays, sports day, concerts etc. Are there any grandparents who could go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now