Talk

Advanced search

Am I entitled to holiday pay?

(6 Posts)
Goosetastic Fri 23-Sep-11 17:37:00

Hi, I've been off work sick since October last year (long story) and have decided to relocate and hand my notice in. I was told at my absence review meeting that if they dismissed me on medical grounds I would receive my holiday pay for this financial year, what I want to know is: am i still entitled to this holiday pay if I hand my notice in rather than waiting for them to dismiss me?

Thanks in advance!

Trifle Fri 23-Sep-11 17:39:54

Hang on, let me just get this right.

You've been off work for a whole year and presumably they have been paying you (and no doubt someone else to replace you whilst still coughing up money to you).

And now you;ve decided after a year of being paid for doing nothing that you are going to quit.

And you still want holiday pay !!!!!

Thud.

LastOfTheBabyless Fri 23-Sep-11 17:44:20

Haha, no they haven't been paying me while I've been off. I've been off unpaid and nobody has replaced me (except over Xmas). I've decided to leave because my medical condition prevents me from doing my job anymore and it's kind of just jumping before I'm pushed.

LastOfTheBabyless Fri 23-Sep-11 17:45:12

Sorry - name change!

laracroft2001 Fri 23-Sep-11 21:34:59

technically I do think they would have to pay you any accrued holiday, but you would need to check with your HR dept what the policy is, with some companies you would stop accruing holidays after a certain amount of sick leave, esp unpaid. else speak to ACAS - www.acas.co.uk

slartybartfast Fri 23-Sep-11 21:39:10

dont they estimate it in 3 monthly batches.?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now