Talk

Advanced search

Anyone work for Monsoon/Accessorize?

(4 Posts)
MonsoonsAcomin Sun 11-Sep-11 20:01:12

My sister just got a job there and has been told she has a £250 allowance per month to buy uniform with a dicount.

is the £250 without discount?

Ie she has £250 to spend in full price items or does she have the discount taken off then it comes off her balance?

so if she had £100 on her allowance and bought a dress for £100 with a 50% staff discount would that be her £100 allowance used or would she have £50 left?

hope that makes sense!

mummymccar Sun 11-Sep-11 20:16:13

A friend of mine worked there for a while (not me) some years ago and I think it was with discount then. Not sure now though but didn't want this to go unanswered.
She should ask her line manager - they'll know for definite.

Mbear Sun 11-Sep-11 20:41:26

Normally those discounts are for the full price value, that they then get the discount off - so she can have £250 worth of merchandise (at fp) and she will pay say £125 (that's with 50% off). There is often a maximum spend limit, so staff can't buy loads of cheap stuff and sell it on for a profit.

But agree with mummymccar who says to check with her manager, who will clarify.

MonsoonsAcomin Mon 12-Sep-11 09:35:53

Thanks, shes very young and its her first job so shes a bit embarresed about asking when it was explained but she didn't catch it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now