Talk

Advanced search

Please re-phrase this for me...

(5 Posts)
LaLaLaLayla Wed 07-Sep-11 10:49:56

It's for my DH who is hoping to fulfill a lifelong dream of working in the logistics industry (yeah, I know grin). I am working on his Covering Letter and I need to put this better:

"Logistics is something that has always fascinated me. I also have a keen interest in commercial aviation and geography".

I am usually good at this stuff, but am suffering from writer's block. Can you help me please? Ta.

LaLaLaLayla Wed 07-Sep-11 11:12:33

Please?

LovelyCuppa Wed 07-Sep-11 11:18:14

Does he really? Tbh the line "Logistics is something that has always fascinated me" would make me do this face -> hmm then this one -> grin as I fell about laughing. It doesn't actually mean anything.

The covering letter needs to explain why he's a good fit for the job. How do his skills meet the job requirements? Yes by all means say that he finds the work interesting but don't pretend it's akin to a monastic vocation because it'll sound like bull shit.

LaLaLaLayla Wed 07-Sep-11 12:15:34

don't pretend it's akin to a monastic vocation because it'll sound like bull shit.

Erm, you haven't met my DH grin. Good point though Cuppa, I appreciate you being honest. I think maybe "I am now looking to move into the Logistics Industry" should cover it, non?

LovelyCuppa Wed 07-Sep-11 12:26:51

Add a because and reasons why to it and it'll be grand. I don't know a huge amount about logistics but it's basically getting someone or something from A to B. So skills like problem solving, knowledge of transport systems etc etc would be relevant I'd have thought?

Glad you weren't offended. I was a touch blunt grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now