Talk

Advanced search

Favouritism

(6 Posts)
MrsSBrown Tue 06-Sep-11 01:01:56

How do other mnetters deal with this?

I work in an office and one of us (the girlfriend of one of the managers) gets away with doing almost nothing, apart from going on Amazon and Ebay. I know this is a no-win situation, but has anyone found a way of doing anything about it, other than a) leaving or b) putting up with it.

PigletJohn Tue 06-Sep-11 02:18:55

poison in her tea?

look on the bright side, when they split up, she'll be gone.

If his boss finds out, he'll be gone.

So you could make sure it's not a secret.

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Tue 06-Sep-11 11:11:07

Personally I wouldn't focus on her but in yourself. What impact is this actually having on you? This is what you address.

mummymccar Tue 06-Sep-11 19:37:40

I had this a few years ago actually. I was only working part-time so I wasn't experiencing it quite as much but basically though we all thought she was getting away with it the boss' deputy had been watching her very closely and took the evidence to the boss/boyfriend. He was given an ultimatum to either get her to buckle up or else the evidence would be going higher up the chain. She pulled her finger out after that. You may find that happens here, if not, is there a deputy you can talk to? If not you can have a word with your boss and then maybe take it higher.

MrsSBrown Tue 06-Sep-11 21:45:25

well, the boss is aware, as several members of staff have complained directly to him it, but for some reason hasn't acted on it. In the event, I think that LoveBeing is right, but it's just so damned annoying, I just wish I could have some kind of mantra that would restore my tranquillity. I'm OK for a morning, but seeing her continuing fannying around into the afternoon really does my head in.

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Tue 06-Sep-11 22:13:10

And she will only get away with it for so long. Take advantage, how can you come out looking better? Or just crack on.

I've seen many people get caught out, their luck only lasts so long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now