Talk

Advanced search

bullying at work

(4 Posts)
bettybets Fri 02-Sep-11 02:17:34

Hi,

I'm not sure if I am being bullied at work and what I should do about it.

My manager totally humiliates most of the staff most morning in the office report. Asking questions which are appropriate to the job but she knows we wont know the answer to them. Its almost like being interrogated. The other morning I got into my car and broke down into tears, my colleague said she was the worse she had ever seen with the questioning. I felt rubbish at my job.

We report in front of 10 people sometimes and its totally humiliating, not knowing the answers to her questions.

I just don’t know what to do, do I approach her telling her it makes me feel uncomfortable, do I write a letter to her boss (currently she is under investigation for bulling another member of staff). Or do i grow a thick skin and stand up to her in the morning report (which i will find hard to do).

Any advice

Bobbymac Fri 02-Sep-11 18:52:58

What kind of work do you do and do you have a union?

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 04-Sep-11 17:42:01

If you don't feel you can raise it with her, go to her boss. It will help your case if you have witnesses - if they are not intimidated by her. I do some counselling in the workplace on bullying and harassment. We had a case recently which nearly fell apart as almost all of the witnesses were intimidated by the person concerned and retracted their support/evidence. She got a formal warning - had the evidence been stronger, she would have been dismissed.

MadamDeathstare Sun 04-Sep-11 23:56:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now