Talk

Advanced search

HR not responding to a query and ignoring my emails - what can I do??

(12 Posts)
reddaisy Thu 01-Sep-11 22:10:55

I am now on maternity leave and I emailed HR for the first time on August 23 requesting confirmation that I would still receive my childcare vouchers when I am on maternity leave.

I sent them the link to the legislation to help them realise that I should still get paid the voucher during my leave. I work in a large company but our HR is notoriously shit.

I have had no reply and I have sent two polite follow up emails since requesting a response and still no reply.

What can I do next? This is starting to piss me off as I wanted all the loose ends tied up before the baby comes.

InachisYarns Thu 01-Sep-11 22:19:02

write to the director, stating that you have already tried to sort this out with HR but had no response

reddaisy Thu 01-Sep-11 22:22:19

The managing director of the company? Do you think I have given them long enough to respond?

KatieMiddleton Thu 01-Sep-11 23:29:26

Phone them.

reddaisy Thu 01-Sep-11 23:40:21

I thought about that Katie but ideally I want a paper trail about this as myself and colleagues have had issues with HR in the past.

scarlettsmummy2 Thu 01-Sep-11 23:43:08

Phone them, then email after detailing the conversation and what was agreed.

KatieMiddleton Thu 01-Sep-11 23:43:46

You have enough trail. Just note down the date and time of call and who you spoke to. Or better still send a confirmation email afterwards summarising the conversati

KatieMiddleton Thu 01-Sep-11 23:45:00

X-posted and chopped off end of message.

reddaisy Thu 01-Sep-11 23:46:29

That could work, it would be most likely that they would fob me off and I would still be none the wiser. And they would ignore any summary email, shame I can't complaint to HR about them grin

reddaisy Mon 05-Sep-11 14:00:30

As I thought, I have been fobbed off and HR woman said they are "looking into my request" as I am the first person to "request this."

I am planning to send an email to confirm our conversation took place but if they decide to not issue the childcare vouchers during my maternity leave then what step can I take next? Who can I complain to?

flowery Mon 05-Sep-11 16:30:27

If they refuse to provide them it's a sex discrimination claim - it's being treated less favourably due to your maternity leave. if they provide them but deduct from your SMP that's an HMRC complaint.

reddaisy Mon 05-Sep-11 19:48:03

Thanks flowery. Fingers crossed someone somewhere figures that out before it comes to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now