Talk

Advanced search

Not trusted :(

(5 Posts)
icantthinkofausername Wed 31-Aug-11 18:57:26

feel really upset tonight just come home from a really bad day at work. There's a colleague who I don't get on with very well and today we had a few angry words to one another and she told me that she doesn't trust me and not only that she has told the manager she doesn't trust me. When I adked her why she couldn't give a reason I feel really upset that I'm not trusted at work.

hairylights Wed 31-Aug-11 19:11:41

This is one individual colleague? That's her opinion - don't let it affect you.

MonkeyJungleConga Wed 31-Aug-11 19:13:34

She sounds immature. She's going round saying something like that but can't back it up.

Talk to your boss about it. Ignore what your colleague has to say.

icantthinkofausername Wed 31-Aug-11 19:17:18

I know I should ignore her just feel upset have had issues in my past with trusting people so hurts a lot to have someone say they don't trust me.

fizzymilk Fri 02-Sep-11 12:20:58

Yes agree you should ignore her as i have experiences in past with this sort of thing so know how you feel. the thing is she might be doing this bcos she feels threatened at work by you. maybe u are doing a better job then she is maybe she sees u having better promotion opportunities then her, maybe she feels threatened by you because everyone likes you more etc so the only way she can get to you is by saying stuff she knows will affect you and weaken you. Or maybe i am reading to her situation completely wrong and she is having a bad day at home.when i look back at all the experiences i've had it has taken me years yes years to realise that people will stoop to such a low level to try and take you down to their level for whatever reason. you have to rise above it to keep your own sanity. you can't stop yourself from feeling upset though well i 've not found a way round that but have learnt to ignore more HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now