Talk

Advanced search

Help!!

(4 Posts)
Unhappyinmyjob Wed 24-Aug-11 16:55:12

Hi! Am looking for some advice, i work as a nurse in a hospital and i normally work 2 nights a week but recently i have been given day shifts which i am really really struggling with to get help with my twins-15 months. My dp also works different hours during the day so not muchto go with there.

My mother and mil have offered to help out but they both work during the day. I used to be fine working the occasional week of days as my sister used to look after them for me but now she is pregnant obv i cant expect her to help anymoresad

I cant afford to pay for childcare as it would mean i will be working full time to pay for it and have v little left over, as i have debt that im slowly getting the better of! Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Angel786 Wed 24-Aug-11 17:01:12

Simple and obvious but have you spoken to your manager about how the change in shifts affects you?

Unhappyinmyjob Wed 24-Aug-11 17:36:36

hi thanks for replyingsmile Well they are aware of my difficulties but i suppose i will have to speak to them again. The problem is i think they expect all staff to work a mix of days and nights but its getting impossible to work this out. im beginning to think i should join an agency so i can specify what shifts i can work!!

whostolemyname Wed 24-Aug-11 20:42:31

Have you put in a formal flexible working request?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now