Talk

Advanced search

Help - I need a hand from HR manager/director types with my uni work

(11 Posts)
KatieMiddleton Thu 18-Aug-11 18:14:45

I'm a regular (feel free to look at my numerous posts of great un-importance if you like!) and I wouldn't normally ask but I am getting desperatly short of time and I know this is where the HR people are most likely to hang out because this was where I used to like to hang out before I got super-busy with uni and RL stuff!

I've been studying for my masters and to qualify I have to do a research project and I need companies to take part in the study. I have (hopefully) got a public sector organisation to agree to take part and possibly a small/medium enterprise (SME) and a third sector organisation but I need a private company or PLC to take part to balance out my research.

What I'd need the company to do is to circulate a questionnaire among the female employees about maternity leave and practices and then also complete a separate short questionnaire on behalf of the organisation regarding maternity practices and processes and provide some HR data (easily accessible from most HR information systems whether paper-based or more sophisticated).

If you are an HR person and interested in taking part in the study please PM me. I can't pay but I will be very, very grateful.

(I'm not sure if I should have paid for a listing but no doubt if I should MNHQ will let me know --and rap my knuckles accordingly--)

KatieMiddleton Fri 19-Aug-11 11:27:22

Bump

flowery Fri 19-Aug-11 12:19:44

I would but I am my only employee so probably not that helpful ! grin

KatieMiddleton Fri 19-Aug-11 16:18:37

Thanks any way Flowery smile

BarkisIsWilling Fri 19-Aug-11 18:13:22

Hi KM! Unfortunately I cannot help. However, I did think that perhaps you might ask this on the CIPD forum, if you've not already done so?

flowery Fri 19-Aug-11 18:33:30

Are you in any of the HR groups on LinkedIn Katie? I'm sure loads on there would help you.

KatieMiddleton Mon 22-Aug-11 14:47:00

Hi both

I'm in two HR specific groups on LinkedIn: HR Professionals UK where I've posted and not got any response and CIPD members group where I haven't made a specific post yet but will having now introduced myself recently particularly as the CIPD members group has been so welcoming and I've already been sent job links.

I am a CIPD member and have sent a request to join a couple of forums but not heard anything back yet (will chase today) but that is a good idea. I've already emailed my local branch contact but again, not heard back (I suppose it's possible she's on a 3 week holiday??!!).

Thank you both for taking the time to post your suggestions. Although I am feeling fairly calm at the moment I think come the end of the week if I don't have at least three organisations signed up I will be having a major panic!

BarkisIsWilling Tue 23-Aug-11 22:32:48

Good luck, Katie. Depending on where you live, also think laterally. For instance you might contact a cleaning firm or tutoring company.

KatieMiddleton Thu 25-Aug-11 16:25:37

Just wanted to say I have had a few leads from LinkedIn which look very promising. Including one for a large multinational <crosses fingers>

Thanks for helpful suggestions. I'm sure you're not hugely bothered but I do like a happy ending smile

BarkisIsWilling Thu 25-Aug-11 19:04:53

As do I. Thanks for coming back smile

flowery Thu 25-Aug-11 21:00:16

Hurrah! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now