Talk

Advanced search

Dealing with general bad attitude

(5 Posts)
HannahHack Mon 18-Jul-11 20:45:21

I sit opposite, and work closely with, a man at work who is a bit of a wanker.

He is a deeply dysfucntion individual for reasons I won't go into (I am not that mean) but that aside, he is generally a MASSIVE TWAT.

I have just been given the opportunity to deputise my boss, and have been in charge while she has been away for the past two weeks. This isn't relevant except for the fact that I have been completely snowed! Basically he has been put in charge of an intern and "suggested" that I develop a project with her. I agreed, but when I didn't do it immediatly he just demanded I do it and then "reminded" me every half hour until I did it. His cronie then insisted I redo some work for him. This is on top of my work and his work.

I have now found myself in charge of going over and correcting his intern's work while he just deals with my colleague who is both infinetly superior and supposed to report to me.

This is just one thing in a long line of similar demands I have been issued with. He is my superior, and its not as though the work he is "suggesting' is dull or anything, I just don't have time to do it.

I asked him for help with something else today and he very rudely refused and snidely remarked that he didn't have any time.

What do I do with this wanker? (He's not going anywhere. Just been promoted to a position that involves interacting with fewer humans btw. But still has to interact with me!)

isitmidnightalready Tue 19-Jul-11 00:05:18

Work out your priorities in a list and stick to it. tell him that his task is number 12 and that you will complete it once you have finished the other 11. Thiis will include major parts of your job that won't wait, and the bits of your boss's job that you need to do. In this way you are being factual, and he has no reason to go on at you, except to ask if he can help you get through your list. Also, you have some evidence in case he starts moaning about you. There is a list that you have made and prioritised, and are working through. You will be congratulated by those who pity the fact that you have to deal with this person.

Good luck...

JaneManville Tue 19-Jul-11 11:04:46

If you are feeling harassed or undermined by this man, you may wish to raise a Grievance with your employer. You should be able to find your Company's Grievance Procedure on the intranet or in the Company Handbook.

HannahHack Tue 19-Jul-11 20:31:30

Cheers for the help. I just posted a really long reply and MNet somehow made it disapper. Basically it came to a head today, he was a bit "abusive" with a smal a and I am taking it to my line manager formally tomorrow!

JaneManville Fri 22-Jul-11 11:53:41

Good luck, hope it goes well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now