Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Daughter worried she's going to get sacked

(14 Posts)
lovemylittlefamily Sat 16-Jul-11 15:48:53

my daughter has gone and done something really silly she's slagged her boss off on Facebook and is now worried she's going to get sacked. Can they sack her for this?

LaurieFairyCake Sat 16-Jul-11 15:49:52

Yes, they can. Get it deleted tout suite.

ajandjjmum Sat 16-Jul-11 15:50:05

I suppose it depends what she said.

cjbartlett Sat 16-Jul-11 15:51:08

Of course she can get sacked
It's completely unprofessional and daft

cjbartlett Sat 16-Jul-11 15:51:45

At least she'll know for the future...

lovemylittlefamily Sat 16-Jul-11 15:55:39

She got pulled in the office yesterday for chatting too much and then she posted to a friend on Facebook can't talk to you because of mrs poo head

Eglu Sat 16-Jul-11 15:56:58

Yes she could get sacked for it. She needs to delete it. She needs to sort out her privacy settings on FB, and she need sto learn not to be so silly.

lovemylittlefamily Sat 16-Jul-11 15:59:18

I agree eglu she does need to stop been so silly and needs to grow up I've told her she's not in school no more and needs to start acting her age.

flowery Sat 16-Jul-11 16:02:54

Yes she could get sacked she needs to delete the message, not post anything about work on Facebook and stop using Facebook at work.

lovemylittlefamily Sat 16-Jul-11 16:11:09

Just wondered would this go straight to dismissal or would she need to have warnings on her file first?

hermioneweasley Sat 16-Jul-11 16:17:14

Depends what she's said and what the company'svpolicy says. If she's been publicly critical of the company, or defamed another member of staff, then this could be gross misconduct and you don't need any warnings to be dismissed for gross misconduct

lovemylittlefamily Sat 16-Jul-11 16:29:29

Hi hermioneweasley post 6 explains what she has done and said smile

lovemylittlefamily Sat 16-Jul-11 16:30:15

Oops that was meant to be angry face

annh Sat 16-Jul-11 17:44:52

So she's been wasting time at work and has now bad-mouthed her boss on FB? Is this your daughter's first job? Yes, I think she could very well lose her job as a result of this, particularly if she works in a role which can easily be refilled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now