Talk

Advanced search

Sickness in pregnancy

(5 Posts)
Kayano Fri 15-Jul-11 16:17:46

Hi, first time pg.
Been in my job for a year
I am between 6 to 10 weeks pregnant - midwife and doc don't agree, waiting for scan but I think 10

Anyway I haven't had any sickness yes but today woke up with limbs like lard having hardle slept and feeling Ill and dizzy. I had to call in as I work in call centre and can't run off when I need and dizzy + pc + technical questions was a no go

Anyway, last year I had flu, followed by mumps... Worst timing ever. One more sick and I get a verbal warning. Now, my boss knows I am pg as have told him but I'm wondering as this is pg related if he can still give warning, or if it's only classed as pg related if you get signed off by dr.

I'm not usually off but have had a very unluck 12 months :S

Any advise greatly appreciated

Grevling Fri 15-Jul-11 18:28:20

They can't use PG related sickness as part of a disciplinary process.

RickGhastley Fri 15-Jul-11 18:32:51

Grevling is right that mat related sickness cannot be counted.

Your employer is also required to carry out risk assessment and make any necessary reasonable adjustments to your role/ work. You may wish to remind them to do this as it sounds like you might need some support in terms of rest breaks and/or being near to the loo?!

Kayano Fri 15-Jul-11 20:02:50

Thanks smile I am near the loo but the length of calls I take varies so much I can't always get away. I will ask about the risk assessment though. I think it all just caught up with me at once

flowery Fri 15-Jul-11 20:48:03

You don't have to have a doctor's note for it to 'count' as pg-related sickness, however if your employer wants to give you a warning and disputes the fact that it was pg-related you may then be asked to get a doctor's note.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now