Talk

Advanced search

Lone working?

(1 Post)
MissCKitty Fri 15-Jul-11 09:13:46

Hi I am due to go back to work in a few months after having my baby and in a recent catch up with my boss she has told me of a few changes that have happened in work while I've been off. Mostly in relation to a reduction in staffing levels and payroll costs. I am not affected in the regards that my full time managers position is there for me to go back to but I am affected in that, now, for a large portion of the day whomever is running the store lone works for large portions of the day, including opening the store and closing up at then end of the day. I have several concerns about this from a security point of view as most of my staff are young and female. However my biggest concern is that I am a type 1 diabetic, well controlled, but I am affected by sudden hypos from time to time. I have researched on the internet re lone trading and medical conditions but I couldn't find much. Has anyone else experienced something similar? What did you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now