Talk

Advanced search

horrified by my boss - wwyd?

(5 Posts)
Moulesfrites Thu 14-Jul-11 21:11:08

Through an emailing accident, my friend and colleague (we are both currently on mat leave) has found out that our boss has referred to her in an email to another colleague as "a fucking piece of shit who stinks of baby sick". This has followed a number of issues where our boss has made things difficult wrt part time work and maternity leave, and has a real issue with maternity in her department. I have posted on here before about her bullying behaviour and the constant disparaging remarks she makes about babies/children/pregnancy etc.

I am appalled on my friends' behalf (and think my boss probably thinks of me in the same way now, though we had a great relationship before I had ds), and she has decided to let it go, as, crucially, our boss is leaving and will be gone by the time my friend returns from mat leave. Would this usually be a disciplinary matter? Would you raise it with someone higher if you were my friend? I just cant stop thinking about this and it has really changed the way I see my boss and the respect I once had for her.

doughnutty Thu 14-Jul-11 21:23:43

I would. She might be gone from your place of work but presumably will take her attitude with her to her new job if no one calls her on it.

Forward the email (if you have a copy) to your hr dept/her line manager and ask them to deal with it.

cheesesarnie Thu 14-Jul-11 21:26:32

what doughnutty said.

thats awful

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Thu 14-Jul-11 21:28:36

Think it would come under the grievence policy, I've recently been accidently copied into an email slagging me off by a senior member of the team. I've decided not to take it forward because I finish for mat leave next week and am hoping not yo come back. I feel bad, o should take it forward but I just don't have the strength right now. I have discussed it with the person o report to whose response was that I'm not the only one stuff is happening too!

Anywho your friend hasade a choice it's her right.

PlanetEarth Thu 14-Jul-11 21:30:45

Wouldn't let that one go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now